Author: Manuel Lemos
Last month viewers: 3
Categories: PHP Tutorials, Lately in PHP Podcast
First, you need to define the most critical features of your PHP application to verify if they are working as expected early on in the testing process.
Read this article, watch a 3-minute video, or listen to part 5 of episode 92 of the Lately in PHP podcast to learn how to determine which are the most critical features you should test first during a PHP version upgrade testing process.
In this article you can learn:
How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
1. Previous Article: Why You Need to Choose the Right Moment to Upgrade to a New PHP Version
2. Previous Article: When Is the Right Time to Upgrade
3. Previous Article: How to Plan a PHP Version Upgrade Successfully
4. Previous Article: How to Setup a Development Environment Separate from the Production Environment
5. This Article: What Are Your App Features to Test First Before a PHP Version Upgrade
6. Next Article: Test Crucial PHP and Environment Features Next
Download Size: 1MB Listeners: 721
Introduction music obtained with permission from: http://spoti.fi/NCS
Sound effects obtained with permission from: https://www.zapsplat.com/
In iTunes, use the Subscribe to Podcast... item of the Advanced menu, and then enter the URL above to subscribe to this podcast.
See the Lately in PHP podcast play list on YouTube and Subscribe to this channel there.
Episode 92 Part 5 Video
3. What Should You Do Upgrade Successfully
3.3. Test Crucial Features First in the Development Environment
If your PHP applications have crucial features and must keep working after an upgrade, those are the first features you need to test.
Usually, those are features that deal with delicate aspects like finances, and people's data security, including identity and health data.
You need to be a registered user or login to post a comment
Login Immediately with your account on:
No comments were submitted yet.